Thursday, October 02, 2008

Spontaneous Moments!


My beautiful little girl! Oh my, this face still melts my heart...

So, it's October. This month celebrates two years since Gotcha Day. I thought it would be fun to look back and post a few pictures over this month...some old favorites and some new. So, be on the watch!

One thing for sure, lately, Eliza has been doing some of the most spontaneous, beautiful things that clearly remind me to "enjoy the moment" and "take a look at what's around". In this picture below, we had just come home from the grocery store. Barney, of course, goes everywhere w/ us these days. Eliza loves getting a balloon at the grocery store so on this trip, the balloon was tied to Barney. Well, when we got home, she "jumped" out of the car (her favorite thing to do these days is to jump from high places). She ran over to the front yard and layed down w/ the biggest smile on her face. She watched the balloon wave in the gentle breeze. Sheer joy. Be still my heart! I had to get the camera...forget the groceries melting in the car!


Now seriously, stop and look at the above picture....Go ahead, look at it again. Do you remember being a kid and flopping down in the grass to gaze up at the clouds. I sure do. I remember laying there w/ my cat and dog and watching the clouds go by and the birds fly. I remember looking up into the trees and wishing I could climb to the very top. Do you remember feeling completely in that moment; completely happy and worry free? Ahhh, feels good doesn't it. Look at her straight legs, toes pointed, each hand holding Barney's, clutching Barney into her chest, as if to say, "I love you Barney, I love this place, I love everything and everyone"...you can't see her smile in this little picture, but I tell you, this picture, that moment, captures a peace-filled heart.



I've been meaning to post a picture of Eliza in her new (spare, back up) pair of glasses. These are dark, purple wire frames and flexible. I actually like these better. I think they fit her nicely. Pictures don't do them justice. They are very cute and very chic. I'm going to have to get some new glasses to keep up w/ her. Look past the toothpaste dribble on her shirt...every day now...ugh...the joys of her brushing her own teeth.





4 comments:

the meaklims said...

Can I just say...adorable...

Love love love the tails! :)

Jill

Tiffany said...

OH Miss E is precious! I love hair ponies (Lily's word for ponytails).

I was just thinking of you guys and your Gotcha anniversary.. Happy Anniversary... what a blessing you all are!!!!!!

Truly Blessed said...

Beautiful child.

Thanks for the reminder about just laying there looking at the clouds. She's so beautiful. I can tell you're enjoying every moment.

Happy 2 years!

Rachel said...

Happy 2 years! Its amazing you started out with our December 05 LID group and you've had Eliza for 2 years now!

I LOVE the picture of her lying in the grass. So far, my boys haven't ever just laid down and stared at the sky, but I think they just don't stay still long enough!

Eliza looks great and I'm glad school is going well.

Rachel