Saturday, September 06, 2008

Pumpkin Spice Latte, Tropical Storm Hannah and Housecall...

Ahhhh, enjoying my first Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte for the "fall" season...an annual favorite of mine. Of course, it was windy, cool and raining this morning thanks to T.S. Hannah, when we first entered Starbucks (in Target). After finishing our shopping, however, we walked out into the sunshine and UGH...HOT weather. Yuck! The storm moved on out while we were shopping. So, you could say that my spunky, "looking-forward-to-fall" mood quickly vanished. I did enjoy school shopping for Eliza though and buying everything on her "school supplies" list. Doing that put a little skip into my step as I imagined my little peanut growing up and actually going to school. I got a little twang in my heart too knowing I'd miss her. But then I started humming and remembered all the things I'll be able to get done and off I went daydreaming:


"I'll be able to weed all my flower beds and plant fall mums;
I'll be able to start working out and get a toned body;
I'll be able to go shopping and shopping and shopping;
I'll be able to try the clothes on IN the store;
I'll be able to leave the house w/out all the extras and at the moment I want to leave;
I'll be able to cook gourmet meals and bake luscious deserts;
I'll be able to..................ahhhhhh"

Okay, well maybe not ALL of that, but a girl can daycream, can't she? Dropping her off at 9:15; pick up at 3:45...The hours alone are enough to daydream about right there.

Only other update is that Eliza's new teacher made a house-call yesterday afternoon! She likes to come by and see the kids in the their home, play w/ them a bit and talk w/ the parents about their routine, what they need help with, what they enjoy doing, etc. Of course, all of that is in the report that she received, but she likes to make it more personal and to help the child make the connection of who she is in their familiar setting. I thought that was awesome. She spent almost 2 hours with us. She sat and played w/ Eliza and got lots of hugs and eye contact. She watched Eliza "listen" to and "follow directions" from Daddy and Mommy. She watched Eliza track our movements and what we were doing. She listened to Eliza babble and laugh. She was very impressed and feels really good about having Eliza in her class. Derek and I both gave her lots of kuddos for coming to the house to do this.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You are going to be able to get a lot done in those hours... wooo hooo!
You go girl!

Eliza is so adorable (as always) rolling around in her glasses. Oh she is so sweet.

I meant to post about your Elephant in the room post... thank you for sharing that. Keeping her and all of you in our prayers.
It sounds like Miss E is going to have a phenomenal teacher...
She has a phenomenal mother and family!!!!!!!