Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Memorial Day weekend and happy birthday Grandma!!











No more ponytails or chewing on my hair (well, ok, I can still put my hair in my mouth and mommy said that we might have to cut it shorter, but 4 inches off was good enough for now). Yes, I got a new summer haircut. And guess what else? Yesterday, our pool opened and I swam for 4 hours (not counting the annoying breaktimes when the lifeguards made me get out and rest, but at least I got to eat snacks then). It only took me one time to be reminded that I had to get out of the pool for breaktime. I screamed and kicked for about 5 seconds and mommy had to remind me that everyone gets out of the pool. The rest of the afternoon, when the lifeguard blew the whistle, I got right out. The water was really cold, but I got used to it. Even mommy came in and helped me learn to swim again. I practiced lots of jumping into the water while mommy helped me. I was also happy to see so many of my old friends. All the mom's kept saying that we've all grown so much...well, we are 4 now! I wasn't as shy this year and I made great eye contact with my friends and their mommys'. Everyone noticed and told me I was such a big girl. Mommy said that I mimicked and played and talked a lot and that I did really good. I even called out "mama" when I wanted something. It was a lot of fun! I can't wait to go to the pool again...today, right mommy?

7 comments:

The Montieth Family said...

Hi Eliza!

I have been WAITING for your Mommy to update the blog... ;) *wink*.

I LOVE your new summer hair doo, it looks great on you! And, I am excited for you that you got to go to the pool yesterday...I know how much you love it!! It sounds like you were a BIG girl listening to the whistle and making eye contact...high 5s E! :)

We love you,
Auntie Megan & the girls

the meaklims said...

Oh that pool sounds fabulous, and her hair is just gorgeous, it frames her beautiful face so nice. She sure is a pretty girl!

RamblingMother said...

cute summer cut.

babyarnie said...

She just gets prettier. Noah has a water fascination too but his is "daddy can I go fishin' now" addiction. It starts first thing in the morning!!

Kristi said...

Eliza's new haircut looks just precious!! Hope you guys have a good week, we are going to have a soggy one here in PA.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Dar SAID,

Eliza you are getting so big and I am very proud you listened to the lifeguard. Swimming makes you very tired and short breaks are very good for you. SNACKS lol I hope to to see you swim very soon. I am very proud of you Eliza and so is Grandma. We love and miss you all. Keep practicing swimming, I would like to see a gold metalist in the future. Your cousin Chris graduated college May 7th, 2009 in Elem. Education and I am very proud of him. You have fun at the pool and take some breaks.

Truly Blessed said...

Love her haircut! And the pool sounds like so much fun (next time, make sure your Mommy brings the camera along!).